The combination of cold, dry winter air outside and forced furnace heat inside the home can make for a dry environment that not only makes you feel colder, but can have a significant impact on you and your family’s health.
Humidification, the process of adding moisture back into the air, is a highly important but often overlooked aspect of whole home comfort. Humidifiers from Jennings work in tandem with your heating system to ensure the ultimate comfortable environment.
Why Humidification is Important
Heating your home in the dead of winter creates a dry environment, which can start to have an impact on your health and home in the following ways:
- Dry air can trigger symptoms in those with asthma
- Viruses have a quicker transmission in dry air, making you more susceptible to colds and the flu
- Dry air can cause dry, itchy skin, eyes, nose and throat
- Dry air makes you feel cold even when the heat is on, causing higher energy bills
- Dry air causes walls, woodwork and flooring to crack over time
Whole Home Humidifiers
Unlike portable humidifiers that only deliver moisture to one room at a time, whole home humidifiers are connected to your central heating system to deliver moisture throughout the whole house. Whole home humidifiers have many benefits:
- Installed directly to your home’s heating system
- Provide whole home comfort, not just in individual rooms
- Monitor relative humidity levels to create the right amount of moisture in the air
- Easy to maintain and only need attention once or twice a year
Request an Appointment
The comfort advisors at Jennings are ready to help you select the right humidifier for your home and create a comfortable and healthy environment for your family. Please fill out and submit the form below to speak with a Jennings associate.