Protect Before The Problem Hits
Whole house surge protectors are an inexpensive way to protect all those expensive appliances and electronics in your home in the event of a lightning strike, power outage, or power surge. Energy spikes happen all the time without you even realizing it—up to several times a day! That means the next power surge could happen at any time, threatening to destroy valuable items in your home. In rare cases, power surges can lead to house fires. According to HouseLogic, “A whole-house SPD can protect against up to 40,000 amps of current flowing into your home from the outside; normal household power is 200 to 300 amps.”
So rather than pay to replace your valuable electronics that have been damaged in a power surge, protect them now at a much lower cost. You may even get a discount from your insurance provider for being protected!
Did You Know?
- As temperatures drop, energy demands increase, thereby increasing the possibility of surge damage
- Many insurance companies give a discount for homes that have surge protectors
- The average home gets hit with over 20 energy spikes a day
- You get up to 30% more life out of your appliances and electronic equipment if you use surge protectors
- A lightning strike up to one mile away can do damage to your sensitive equipment
- That you can get peace of mind at a relatively inexpensive cost
What Causes an Electrical Surge?
- Faulty wiring
- Lightning strikes
- Tripped circuit breakers
- Damaged power lines
- Short circuits
Find the Right Protection for Your Home
Everyone’s home is different—some homes may experience more energy spikes than others, some families may have more appliances and electronics than others do. The trusted comfort advisors at Jennings will help you select the best whole house surge protection device for your home.
Already have surge protection? The experienced crew at Jennings can do a thorough check to make sure your home has sufficient protection to withstand close-range lightning strikes, and add more if necessary.