If you are a home owner you obviously have many responsibilities. One of those responsibilities is making sure that everything in your home is in proper working condition, including your HVAC system (heating, ventilation and air conditioning). While you can do a lot of troubleshooting and minor repairs yourself, when there are bigger problems you really do need to call in an HVAC contractor. You can find the person you need at Jennings Heating & Cooling Co., Inc. to take care of all of your heating and air conditioning issues.
When you are choosing your HVAC contractor you will probably want to know something about their experience and qualifications. After all, there are many different contractors out there, and you need to be sure that you get the right one for your job. Of course if you simply contact Jennings Heating you will be put in contact with some of the best technicians in Ohio.
5 Questions You Need to Ask
When you are choosing an HVAC contractor you should be asking questions. Actually, you should be asking five very important questions:
- Are You Licensed? You need to be sure that any HVAC contractor you choose is fully licensed and certified. They must meet all licensing requirements. You should also ask if they are NATE-certified (North American Technician Excellence).
- What will be Installed? As a home owner you need to know the things that are in your house, including the products used for your HVAC system. Make sure that you ask about energy efficiency levels, which include SEER (seasonal energy efficiency ratio) and HSPF (heating seasonal performance factor).
- What is the Warranty Like? This is very important. If you are not getting a good warranty on your service you could end up needing more service before you really should. Your warranty from Jennings Heating & Cooling Co., Inc. will be explained to you so you understand everything involved.
- How Much will Repairs Cost? If you only have a certain budget to work with, make sure that you let the HVAC contractors know what your budget is. You can meet with various contractors to get prices, but you will probably find that you get the best deals from Jennings.
- Ask for a Written Contract. Everything involved in the work should be listed in the contract, from labor to materials and everything else including cleanup, removal of materials, etc. You don’t want to have any unexpected costs when the work is completed.
Should You Do Your Own Repairs?
Unless you are a trained heating and cooling technician it is never a good idea to do a lot of repairs to your HVAC systems. Of course you can always do your own trouble shooting, and there will be some things that you can repair yourself. Leave the big things to Jennings Heating & Cooling Co., Inc. You can call or go online at www.jenningsheating.com to make an appointment to have a technician come to your home and take care of all of your heating and cooling issues.