Before the first flurries of our cold, Ohio, winters start swirling, find a heating contractor who specializes in furnace tune ups in Akron, Ohio, to tune up your heating system. As anyone who has spent time in a cold, dreary house without heat knows, it’s important that your furnace be in peak operating condition before you need it. Consider furnace tune ups as part of your regular furnace maintenance.
Can’t I do my own furnace tune ups?
Perhaps you’re a stickler for keeping your home ventilating system in tip-top condition. Routinely, you:
- Change your furnace filters every three months or even sooner, if they look like they need it
- Vacuum register vents and ensure that they are not blocked by furniture or other odds and ends
- Change the batteries in your thermostat and double-check your programmed settings
Isn’t that enough? Aren’t furnaces today made to operate nearly maintenance free? What does a professional heating contractor do to tune up a furnace that I can’t?
How a professional performs furnace tune ups
In addition to checking filters and register vents and testing your thermostat, a professional heating contractor is trained to
- Check for leaks or obstructions in the system’s ductwork and vents and professionally resolve them;
- Check that the thermostat properly communicates to the furnace to cycle the heat on and off;
- Check the furnace’s electrical/gas connections
- Clean and lubricate necessary components
- Inspect the furnace’s heat exchanger
- Adjust the pilot light
- and more!
It sounds simple. Any heating contractor can come in with a checklist and perform most furnace tune ups, right?
The Bigger Picture
At Jennings Heating and Cooling, we don’t perform furnace tune ups by rote checklist. With more than 86 years in the industry, we know furnaces. We know home heating. The benefit of our decades-long experience allows us to consider the “bigger picture”. During furnace tune ups, a Jennings professional technician will actively look for potential problems.
Perhaps the ducts in your system are older. A Jennings professional may recommend duct cleaning to prevent a future mold problem. Perhaps the proximity of a washing machine causes the electrical connections to the furnace to become loose over time. A Jennings professional will discuss ways to stabilize those connections. At Jennings, we’re not just tuning up your furnace, we’re looking at your home heating system’s bigger picture.
The Jennings Difference
In addition to our long history of serving the Akron, Ohio, area, Jennings outshines the competition.
- Our service technicians are N.A.T.E (North American Technician Excellence) certified and receive more than 800 hours of training a year
- Angie’s List and the Better Business Bureau corroborate our reputation
- We quote all repairs with an up-front price that is guaranteed—no surprises
- We are a full-service heating and air conditioning contractor. From furnace tune ups to emergency repairs to new HVAC system installations, Jennings is your one-stop contractor